Manage and Grow Your Business
From Mitchell York, former About.com Guide
Marketing Your Business
"Marketing" encompasses everything you do to attract customers and persuade them to buy your product, including advertising, public relations, publicity and selling. Marketing is the primary factor that determines how much your business will grow.
- Making Time for Marketing
- Small Business Web Strategy
- 4 Elements of a Successful, Profitable Website
- One-Stop Marketing Resource
Good financial management can make or break a company. It's not just a matter of having enough money -- it's about having enough money for the right things at the right time. And accurate financial reports can be an essential management tool.
- Cash (Flow) Really Is King
- Using Financial Statements As a Management Tool
- Payroll Management - Minding Your Employees’ Money
As you grow your business, you'll need to hire help. You may start with outsourcing or part-time employees, and eventually move to full-time employees. Here you'll find tips for managing those people at every stage.
- Alternatives to Hiring Full-Time Employees
- Hiring Freelance Workers in Your Business
- Tips for First-Time Managers
- Top 10 Tips for Outsourcing Success
Managing Your Time
The lifestyle of an entrepreneur and those around them is notoriously hectic. Here we offer some tips on keeping your priorities straight amidst all the activity.
Being part of a successful, growing business is exciting, but can be a bit overwhelming at times. There is such a thing as growing too fast, or at the wrong time or with the wrong people. Knowing what to expect will help you prepare for those dificult decisions.